Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Shakespeare Reverb Fishing Pole and Reel Combo

2nd one down is my Shakespeare Reverb Combo





So I bought this Shakespeare Reverb Fishing combo 2 years ago thinking it would be a temporary rod. Surely for $20 it wasn't going to be worth using on a long term basis.

Well it has gone above and beyond that of rods and reels 3 times it's price! I have used this rod and reel combo for catching crappie, catfish, large mouth bass, striped bass, and bream. Not once have I ever had an issue with it!


Reasons Why I Love my Shakespeare Reverb Combo

  • The reel works smoothly every time
  • The bail drops like it should every cast
  • The drag adjusts perfectly no matter if I am reeling in a bait fish or if I am reeling in a 5 pound catfish
  • The line always stays nicely in the line guide, and the handle has never given me any issues

I have owned many rod and reels in my life. The handles often spin off too easy or the line flops out of the line guide too much. These problems I have experienced with much more expensive reels have never been an issue with this reel.




The pole itself is good also. It breaks down easily turning into 2 sections. However it doesn't come apart so easily that I have to deal with it breaking down when I don't want it to. The pole also can handle some weight! I have caught a 12 pound catfish on this pole and the only thing I had to worry about was my line which was only 8lb test.



So if you are looking for a good, cheap, rod, and reel the Shakespeare Reverb Fishing combo is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment