Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Peanut By EGOZ Sleeping Bag Review







I'm 33 years old now. At 18 years old I started backpacking. For many years I hiked the Appalachian Trail, hiked into camping spots that took 5 miles to get to, and camped every chance I got. By the time I had my 3rd child my camping trips slowed to a snails pace, but even with all the challenges that come with camping with children we still go when we can, but one thing is for sure I've had my share of sleeping bags!

I've owned many sleeping bags over the years. I've had sleeping bags for:

  • Backpacking
  • Long Camping Trips
  • Kids
  • 3 Season
  • 4 Season
  • Camping trips that don't exactly count as camping trips since we were sleeping 10 ft from the car

Did I say that sleeping bags are like toys to me? I enjoy shopping for them. We are a family of 5. We like to know that we have what we need for specific types of trips. I also never want to worry about the comfort of my children.




Peanut By EGOZ Sleeping Bag

 

 


This EGOZ is a great sleeping bag for casual or occasional campers, but not a good bag for regular backpackers or campers. We hike the AT and backpack a good bit. We have sleeping bags that weigh about the same that are -20 bags, but they also cost a lot more.


Pros-
-The product is light weight.
-It goes back into it's sack easily.
-It provides 'some' comfort from the ground.
-Great for any season other than winter

Cons -
-A big thing I look for in a sleeping bag is a zipper that can be zipped from the inside. The zipper on the bag does not flip around to the inside.
-The sack is a basic drawstring sack, not a compression stuff sack. So you can't compress it much more.
-The sleeping bag is not nearly as fluffy as the picture makes it seem. It's enough to provide minimal comfort. As long as you have a sleeping pad this shouldn't be too big an issue.

Overall this is a decent bag that will get the job done as long as you don't plan on using it too much, in the winter, and don't have a need to compress it down more. For the price it is a good bag.

This isn't a high end sleeping bag. If you want something that doesn't have these cons you will be paying a good bit more. Which is why I think that for the price this is a pretty good bag.

It will get added to our son's Bug out Bag for sure! If you are looking for an inexpensive bag that will get you through find your EGOZ sleeping bag here.

No comments:

Post a Comment